H&R Talent are seeking a skilled Cloud Engineer for a scaling company based in Central London who will help navigate the company’s cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support and planning.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with the engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they become existing problems.
- Lead and develop best practices for large Cloud Engineer teams.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certifications are also a plus.)
- Strong experience in developing software using languages such as Java, Python, C++ or Ruby.
- Experience with cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX, Rackspace, Docker and Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.