An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent Cloud Systems Engineer in an innovative Managed Cloud Services Company based in the Central London with the possibility of working from home.
As the Cloud Systems Engineer you will work with the company’s small, specialist team in London, you will be responsible for the technical setup, configuration and ongoing back-end administration, 2nd and 3rd line engineering support of multiple cloud-based media solutions, operating across IBM Cloud, AWS, Google Cloud Platform and their private network data centres with Equinix.
The successful candidate will join their team of talented engineers to build, integrate and support cutting-edge cloud solutions for a wide range of clients across the digital media sector, including brands such as COPA90, ITV, LadBible Group, Ogilvy & Mathers, PwC, The Football Association and Formula E.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring candidate with solid IT engineering experience, proven qualifications and a passion for continual learning and career advancement, looking to grow hands-on experience in the cloud services sector.
Configuring, integrating, testing and supporting managed multi-cloud services including:
- Cloud Storage: infrastructure including IBM Cloud Object Storage (S3), Quantum StorNext Network Attached Storage (NFS / SMB), other public cloud S3 solutions;
- Networking: configuring and managing VLANs, firewalls and routers directly and with specialist 3rd party vendors, as well as software-defined networks in the cloud;
- Virtual Machines: infrastructure including IBM Cloud (VSI), Xen Hypervisor or other similar hypervisor products;
- OS: The majority of their servers run Linux/CENTOS. They have minimal Windows Server virtual machines, therefore strong operational experience of Linux environments is essential;
- File Transfer: SaaS applications including; Aspera, Signiant, SyncDat, File Catalyst and RCLONE;
- Media Asset Management: SaaS applications including; Veritone Digital Media Hub and Iconik (Cantemo);
- Transcoding: cloud hosted applications including; FFMpeg, Telestream Cloud, new serverless products;
- Video Streaming: solutions for video-on-demand and live video, including management of cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service;
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line technical engineering support, working in collaboration with your customer support desk colleagues, in-house engineering peers and vendor partner engineering and dev teams;
- Provisioning and integration of new services, combining cloud storage with multi-cloud hosted media SaaS applications;
- Assisting in-house engineers and third-party vendor-partner engineering teams with the administration and technical support of networks, storage, cloud infrastructure and cloud-based software platforms;
- Evaluating and testing new solutions/software products and documenting all results;
- Writing and designing internal-facing knowledge base articles, network diagrams for all company services;
- Reviewing logs, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues;
- Managing and developing enhanced platform monitoring tools;
- Continually streamlining and automated support workflows.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in similar or related roles in the IT Managed Services, IT Support sector, Cloud Services or
- Media Technology / Media Services / Post-Production Facilities sector.
- Demonstrable experience of hands-on IT systems engineering and back-end support for components such as public cloud infrastructure, cloud storage, data centre hosting, networking, virtualisation and software administration.
- Degree-level (or equivalent) qualification in IT/Computer Science/Networking/Software Development or related specialist technology subject.
- Demonstrable experience of hands-on support of public cloud infrastructure (IaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platforms would be of significant benefit.
- Previous working experience of public cloud providers such as AWS, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform would be of benefit, however, virtualisation knowledge (eg: VM Ware / Xen etc) in a private cloud environment would be acceptable.
ATTRIBUTES AND CAREER GOALS:
- You will have strong communication skills and be a real team player, able to focus on complex tasks, whilst also maintaining regular collaboration with your fellow staff across engineering, support and sales teams.
- You will have a passion for new cloud-based technologies and be excited by the prospect of working within a fast-growing business – helping to redefine the way our media clients operate.
- You will be resourceful and independently take responsibility for your own learning, both long-term and as you encounter technical problems that need solving.
- You will work well under pressure and be well-organised and capable of meeting project deadlines and delivering work to the highest possible standard.
- You will have confidence speaking directly with clients and helping to explain complex technology stacks in easy-to-understand language.
- EMI Share Options Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Technical Training (including IBM Cloud engineering certifications)
- 25 Days Annual Leave