Title: Global System & Network Administrator- Leading Management Consulting Firm
Salary: £70- £75k per annum
Location: Holborn, Central London
H&R Talent have a fantastic opportunity to join a leading management consulting firm for a Senior IT role supporting the Global IT Director in the delivery of the global IT Vision, Mission and Strategy. Primary purpose is to plan and complete PC, network and Infrastructure Projects as initiated by the business, to assist and advise on works from other teams projects, to manage global Infrastructure elements contained within IT Development projects and provide 3rd line technical support as appropriate.
• Microsoft Server and PC operating systems
• Network skills including advanced firewall, wireless, VPN… (Fortinet is a plus)
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Microsoft SQL
• Microsoft Exchange
• Microsoft Office365 (Hybrid)
• Microsoft IIS
• Advanced TCP/IP skills
• Backup Technologies
• VMWare Hypervisor
• SAN, fiber channel, iSCSI and NFS
• Experience of managing third parties
Infrastructure and Services:
• Support the Global IT Director to analyze current and future requirements and ensure PC, network and server hardware and software solutions are in line with business needs, strategy and cost.
• Communicate clear advice and support to other teams on proposed implementations, whilst ensuring functionality with existing systems and adherence of best practices are maintained. Drawing on technical experience to influence decisions where necessary.
• Ensure the appropriate specialist 3rd line support is provided, resolving issues as necessary and escalated to the appropriate level including support providers.
• Keep up to date with relevant technical advances and issues, whilst managing time and workload.
• Support IT and business projects. Ensure appropriate technical involvement.
• Responsible for ensuring that architectural infrastructure requests are evaluated to determine suitability for purpose, implemented correctly and cost justified.
• Responsible for secure network architecture adhering to best practices
• Ensure servers and storage architecture estate is managed proficiently, patched, has up to date anti-virus and is fit for business purpose.
• Ensure network architecture is managed proficiently, to include OS patching and housekeeping of Firewalls, where necessary.
• Ability to manage/implement network deployments to the business in • Act as a subject matter expert on: VMWare environments, datacenter architecture, storage architecture, network architecture and server environments.
Strategy / Implementation / Compliance:
• Works alongside and supports the Global IT Director in development and implementation of the IT strategy.
• As technical lead advises and executes the global IT Infrastructure and Architecture by translating and adapting requirements into technical architecture in the context of the business environment.
• Implementation of the IT strategy via coordination of the required resources or taking leadership / ownership of some technical projects.
• Supports implementation and compliance of global IT policies and procedures.
• Motivates and inspires the team that is spread over different countries (Europe, Asia and Americas).
• Manages relationships with suppliers and vendors.
• Inputs into planning of resources, projects and operational work.
• Leads and oversees or directly manages some technical projects.
• Ensures that projects are delivered on time, on budget, and with appropriate documentation.
• Develops collaborative relationships between internal and external stakeholders.
• Oversees daily operational work making decisions in line with the Global IT Director.
• Provides input and documentation as required to support the IT department.
• Negotiates some global contracts.
• Provides input into annual global IT budget and supports the review of local market IT budgets to ensure consistency.
• Management and resolution of escalated support requests within the area of responsibility.
• IT qualified to a Bachelor’s level, preferably Master’s
• Experience in a similar role; in a corporate environment, preferably with exposure in multinational companies
• Results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality delivery.
• Strong technological understanding and knowhow.
• Ability to lead especially under pressure, listens and knows when to intervene.
• Understands external environment, best practice, state of the art, and impacts on the business.
• Pragmatic, analytic, strategic and lateral thinking when solving problems.
• Tactful and diplomatic with strong persuasive and negotiation skills.
• Delivers on commitments, deadlines and targets with appropriate level of documentation and in an operable fashion.
• Communicates complex technical ideas in an easy to understand way.
• Strong technical understanding and knowhow.
• Acumen to make sound business decisions
• Takes an organization-wide perspective
• Able to work effectively independently as well as within a team
• Able to take initiative and to prioritize within a specific field of tasks
If you are interested in this excellent and varied job opportunity then please complete this application with your up to date CV.