Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £45- £50k per annum
Location: North London/Herts
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure Engineer to work within the Insurance sector for a company based in north London/Herts, which is ideal for someone who would like to drive to work on a day to day basis.
This position would suit somebody who is an established engineer or somebody that who has strong potential to carve out a career in infrastructure support working their way up from a solid 2nd line role. Day to day you will be responsible for the analysis, design, testing, evaluation and implementation of network data and communications systems.
• Managing infrastructure projects from initiation phases through to deployment
• Installation and support of both physical and virtual server environments
• Implementation and support of storage area networks (SAN) environments.
• Provide support of data backup and recovery systems and DR resiliency measures
• Perform complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and disaster recovery.
• Provide monitoring, performance tuning, maintenance and troubleshooting across a broad range of systems and applications.
• Support and administer VoIP-based telephone system and associated services maintaining users, groups, time plans, dial plans, trunk groups, DDI plans, LCR plans, Voicemail, Call Recording, Music On-Hold and Auto Attendant scripts.
• Provide support of a variety of Microsoft SQL Server environments.
• Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future, capacity and firewall management.
• Strong knowledge of networking; Switches, Routers, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, WLAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, ISDN, ADSL, Leased Lines, VPN)
• Experience of communications channels such as ADSL/VDSL and Leased Line products.
• Experience of Hybrid cloud environments
• Experience of IP-based telephone system administration and support.
• Working Knowledge of the VMWare ESXi v5.5 and v6 virtualisation platforms (desirable)
• Experience of installing and configuring Exchange Server 2013 ,Office 365 and SQL Server
• Knowledge of installing and configuring Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/10.
If you are interested in this excellent and varied job opportunity then please complete this application with your up to date CV.