Lead Voice Network Engineer (Avaya)- Prestigious Global Company
|| Lead Voice Network Engineer (Avaya)- Prestigious Global Company
||£50- £60k per annum
||Southampton or Home Based
Title: Lead Voice Network Engineer (Avaya)
Salary: £50- £60k per annum
Location: Southampton or Home Based
A Lead Voice Network Engineer for EMEA region has become available at a prestigious global organisation on a permanent basis. Based in Southampton although flexibility to work from home the ideal candidate will have solid experience with configuration and management of enterprise voice systems and contact centres using Avaya Technology.
Day to day:
• Perform basic analysis in voice planning, engineering and design; work directly or indirectly with business groups to develop solutions.
• Perform project preparation and manage project implementation and rollout.
• Participate and may devise solutions for areas of project responsibility. Create or upgrade network components to meet business demands and/or infrastructure upgrades.
• Evaluate LAN/WAN hardware and software requirements and capabilities related to user needs and make recommendations for purchase and implementation.
• Develop and document standards for voice architecture along with coordinating network/voice integration under the general guidance of management.
• Coordinate maintenance for voice equipment and troubleshoot problems with users.
• Install software programs on LAN or WAN.
• May formulate programming and configuration system changes for software applications to facilitate voice system capability.
Key Skills and Experience:
• Experience working with Avaya Release 6.3 and above
• Configuring Avaya’s various contact center components (CM, SBC, AES, System Managers, Session Managers, Media Gateways, CMS, etc.).
• Working with VDN/Vector programming.
• Network Experience is required, CCNA level certification or higher preferred (or similar experience).
• Ability to work independently and multitask in a real time environment with good troubleshooting skills.
• Sound decision-making skills with ability to meet deliverables of infrastructure projects.
• Maintain technical expertise in all areas.
• Willingness to travel off site including international locations if required
• Ability to read, write and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and original equipment manufacturer guides.
• Conduct research into voice issues and products as required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills with a strong commitment to excellent customer service.
• Strong initiative, priority setting and collaboration skills.
• Annual Bonus
• Free onsite car parking
• Pension up to 5%
• Private medical cover
If you are interested in this excellent and varied job opportunity then please complete this application with your up to date CV.