Senior IT Engineer (DevOps)
|| Senior IT Engineer (DevOps)
||up to £60k
Due to the rapid growth of both the organisation and the IT and Security Department, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent Senior IT Engineer for an Innovative Digital Organisation based in Central London although you would have the option to work from home should you wish.
The Senior IT Engineer will work to develop and run the company’s IT and security services. You will also be expected to be technically-minded and get hands-on when required. The role will be highly varied and you will be expected to stretch yourself into new areas to support the team. The role will be central to building out and supporting their Cloud Infrastructure. They use a sophisticated chat platform, machine learning algorithms and a CRM system to manage the onboarding of users and also use Apple and Chromebook devices with their systems being cloud-based.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring candidate with solid IT engineering experience, proven qualifications and a passion for continual learning and career advancement, looking for a senior role that would be lead on all projects and escalations.
- Technical support and maintenance of all services.
- Working with the team to identify and develop service improvements and/or new services.
- Building and supporting the data pipeline and analytics environment.
- Proposing technological solutions and where agreed, proof of concepts and MVPs.
- Performing technical activities on projects and changes.
- Maintaining and developing the company websites.
- Change, release, incident and problem management
- Contributing to cyber registers, documentation and audits
- Infrastructure security and best practices
- Experience of working in an IT Support team
- LINUX, Bash scripting, SSH Keys
- AWS EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, securing access
- Working knowledge of encryption technologies, TLS
- Monitoring and troubleshooting
- Databases and SQL
- Knowledge of high availability architectures
- Excellent documentation skills
- Knowledge of coding concepts and structures.
- GMail and GSuite
- Knowledge of high level security concepts
- Hands on in one or more of the following:
- Nginx or Apache
- Cloudformation or alternative
- Good University Degree (thinking skills valued over subject)
- Exposure to ITIL (ITIL Foundation or higher preferred)
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Ability and desire to learn new tools, skills or consider another perspective
- Comfortable performing a wide range of activities, including stretching to new skill/experience areas.
- Ability to manage own time, confirm priorities and expectations
- Independent worker, but knows when to ask questions but comfortable working with the wider IT and Security Team whole organisation
- Creative thinker, but understands the importance of seeing a piece of work through to the end and on time.
- Decisive, proactive, knows when to check the boundaries.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguous situations and objectives.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays)
- Competitive pension
- Company electronic devices
- Varied work with excellent development opportunities
- Health Insurance