Title: Service Desk Analyst- Prestigious Law firm
Salary: £30- £35k per annum
Location: Central London
H&R Talent have a fantastic opportunity to join a prestigious Law firm for a full time/permanent Service Desk Analyst role based in London that is responsible for assisting in the smooth running and manning of the IT Service Desk. Delivery of 1st and 2nd line support to approximately 400 users remotely and at desk side and ensuring appropriate resolution of support queries.
IT Service and Operations Manager
• Answer and log service desk calls that are received via phone and email in a timely manner
• Proactively monitor the Service Desk inbox
• Resolve IT Support issues, aiming to resolve as many calls as possible as first point of contact
• Research resolution to issues, escalating within team as applicable
• Inform users of progress with issues
• Maintenance of user accounts on various systems, including AD and Exchange
• Maintenance of the Firm’s hardware, i.e., mobile devices, laptops, PC’s, monitors, etc.
• Process management such as new joiners, leavers, BB distribution, laptop loans, etc.
• Conference/Meeting Room Set up
• Software problem resolution – legal and bespoke
• Documentation – knowledge base input
• Building and installing PCs and Laptops
• Assistance with project work and implementation
• Weekly service desk team meeting contribution
• Morning and evening service desk checks
• Experience of working in a legal professional services environment
• Experience with service management software
• Understanding of the concepts of Windows Active Directory domains
• Knowledge of mobile technology
• Good working knowledge of Filesite document management system
• Understanding of the basic concepts of IP networking and ethernet cabling
• Experience of working with applications used by legal firms (time capture, document comparison, legal information systems) would be beneficial
• Advanced knowledge of PC hardware set-up and configuration (including printers and wireless devices)
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7 and XP
• Demonstrable experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office with emphasis on MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
• Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation etc.)
• Experience of providing support via remote control applications
• Workstation Image/Build creation
• An ITIL qualification (ITIL Service Delivery / ITIL Foundation) would be particularly beneficial
• Excellent communication skills and professional manner
• Solid base of technical knowledge, with a skill level capable of supporting Incidents at the first level or beyond.
• Positive ‘can do’ attitude and work ethic.
• Self-motivated, but knows when to seek guidance.
• Must be capable of working in a team and being a good team player who has the capability to add value
• Flexible – ability to change priorities quickly, and the capacity to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Self-starter and problem solver – able to work independently but also a strong dependable team player
• Prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ in delivering service on time and to the highest standards
• Articulate in both verbal and written communication
• Flexibility to take on other tasks and responsibilities as the needs arise
Hours of work:
The Service Desk function starts from 08.00am through to 18.30pm. Shifts are allocated on a Rota basis: 08.00 – 16.30, 09.00 – 17.30 or 10.00 – 18.30.
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual holiday
• Permanent Health Insurance
• Life Assurance
• Interest free Season Ticket Loan
• Private Healthcare
• Pension Scheme
• Staff Introductory Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
If you are interested in this excellent and varied job opportunity then please complete this application with your up to date CV.