Title: Systems Engineer- Prestigious Global Media Company
Salary: £50- £60k per annum
Location: Holborn, Central London
H&R Talent are on the search for a great Systems Engineer to join a prestigious global media company to work in their central Technical Operations team. You’ll be involved in a wide range of projects from architecting new systems to streamlining BAU processes with our current on premise, cloud and SaaS investments.
The company is a dynamic and changeable environment and you’ll thrive on being involved in a variety of projects across different parts of the group utilising your experience in Windows Server, Hyper-V, Powershell, AWS, Terraform, Networking, Routing and APIs.
• Understand how all aspects of implemented systems work from both a business and technical point of view.
• Translate complex business requirements into functional solutions.
• Evaluate and implement appropriate software or hardware solutions and ensure integration with existing systems.
• Demonstrate excellent technical competency in delivering mission critical infrastructure and systems ensuring security, availability and performance.
• Collaborate with internal teams and 3rd party suppliers and partners to ensure projects are delivered in line with time, budget and technical expectations. Coordinate and direct resource when required.
• Document new systems and interfaces with existing/legacy technology.
• Train users on new systems and provide support to BAU team. Share knowledge.
• Input into the Tech Ops Change Advisory Board advising on the practicalities and risks of changes and modifications to systems.
• Ensure all proposals/solutions comply with group policy and procedures.
• Share knowledge and support development of junior members of the Tech Ops team.
Required Skills & Experience
• In depth technical knowledge is required and a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar is desired or equivalent hands on experience in systems development, engineering, architecture etc.
• Capacity to thrive in a dynamic and changeable environment, and able to effectively adapt to changing requirements and competing demands is essential.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Windows Server environments with SQL.
• Ability to design and deploy functional networks; configure and install servers, software, routers, switches.
• Solid experience of AWS, Terraform, Puppet.
• Experience with virtualisation including Hyper-V, VMware, Virtualbox
• Good networking and routing knowledge – OSI network layers, TCP/IP, BGP etc
• Experience with monitoring systems – LogicMonitor, PRTG
• Solid scripting skills – PowerShell, shell scripts
• Experience in writing and maintaining API integrations would be beneficial but not essential
• Problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines while maintaining rigorous attention to detail.
• Stay up to date with current and emerging technologies.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
We welcome new members of the team who will take pride in and be responsible for the quality of their work, help solve the technical challenges we face, share knowledge, be collaborative and continually improve the systems, processes and documentation we use.
Our Benefits Package Includes:
• Free fresh fruit
• Discounted gym membership
• Childcare vouchers
• Interest free travel loans
• 33 days’ holiday (including Bank Holidays)
• Training opportunities
If you are interested in this excellent and varied job opportunity then please complete this application with your up to date CV.