A fantastic opportunity has come up at a high-tech commercial bank for a Principal Network Engineer. This is a permanent position based in the City of London. As part of the IT Operations team, the Principal Network Engineer is responsible for supporting a multi-vendor network infrastructure analyzing, designing, configuring and optimizing our global network.
You will provide direction, leadership, and recommendations to secure and optimize network traffic.You will provide Tier 3 support and maintenance to their Cisco infrastructure, routers and switches such as the Cisco Nexus and Catalyst platforms, Cisco ASR 7200/3800 routers, Cisco UCS, Cisco Multilayer Director, Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance, and Cisco 6500 switches amongst others.
• Minimum of CCNP certification CCIE preferred, Security certifications a plus
• Proven extensive senior level networking operational experience, providing day-to-day operational monitoring and technical support for the network infrastructure
• Experience managing high availability architecture
• Demonstrated ability to ensure the infrastructure is maintained at the appropriate patch and software levels using change management as defined in the ITIL framework
• Has managed, led and executed projects that integrate new technology that scales allowing the environment to meet the growing performance, security, and functionality demands
• Provides cross training to team members to strengthen the broader team
• Experience in work load balancing - A10, WAN Optimization leveraging Riverbed – Steelhead, Network Monitoring using Protocols such as HSRP / VSRP / VRRP / BGP / OSPF / EIGRP MPLS/SDWAN wide area network QoS policy and design IPv6 addressing and routing.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with multiple high priorities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills detailing opportunities for improvement, problem management in non-technical terms
• Thrives when working in a highly diverse environment, able to work with senior management and project managers completing assigned tasks
• A team player with a positive attitude, detail oriented with a strong focus for quality
Bachelor’s Degree in CS, IS preferred, equivalent experience will be considered
30 days of annual leave (pro-rated for new joiners depending on date of hire), plus eight statutory public holidays.
•Private Medical Insurance
•Employee Assistance Programme
•Ride to Work Scheme
•Group Personal Pension Scheme
•Disability and Life Assurance
•Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
•Travel Insurance (Personal and Business)
•Employee Referral Programme
Family Bonding Time:
•Enhanced Maternity Leave
•Shared Parental Leave
Developing and Giving Back:
•Matching Gift and Community Involvement Program